YouTube monetization can be a great way to earn money from your YouTube channel. With over 2 billion logged-in users visiting YouTube every month, there is a huge potential audience and revenue stream available. But getting approved for YouTube monetization takes some strategic preparation and optimization. Follow this guide to learn how to get your YouTube channel monetized as quickly as possible.
How to Get Your YouTube Channel Monetized Fast
Below listed 7 steps below will help you get your youtube channel monetized fast. Follow the step-by-step instructions
Step 1: Make Sure Your Channel is Eligible for Monetization
YouTube has a specific set of eligibility requirements channels must meet before applying for monetization:
- Have at least 1,000 subscribers. This shows YouTube your channel has an engaged audience.
- Reach 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months. This shows your content is popular enough for people to watch ads.
- Live in a country/region where YouTube monetization is available. Check the YouTube Partner Program overview for the full list.
- Have a linked AdSense account in good standing. This is where your earnings will be paid out.
- Comply fully with YouTube’s monetization policies. Make sure your channel and content meet the guidelines.
Focus first on meeting the subscriber and watch time requirements before applying. This ensures your application will be approved right away without issues.
Step 2: Optimize Your Content for Maximum Engagement
To gain subscribers and watch time quickly, you need content that keeps viewers watching. Follow these best practices:
- Create searchable content: Make videos based on popular topics and keywords people are searching for on YouTube. Use keyword research tools to find opportunities.
- Craft compelling titles/thumbnails: Spend time writing attention-grabbing titles and creating eye-catching custom thumbnails. This gets more clicks.
- Improve production quality: Invest in decent equipment like microphones, lighting and editing software. Higher quality production keeps viewers watching.
- Make engaging, entertaining videos: Use your personality and think of creative ways to connect with your audience. Fun, useful videos keep people interested.
- Stay consistent: Upload new videos as often as possible, at least a few times a week. A steady stream of content keeps viewers coming back.
Optimizing your content for maximum watch time and viewer retention will help you meet the monetization requirements faster.
Step 3: Promote Your YouTube Channel
You’ll need promotion to reach 1,000 subscribers quickly. Some effective tactics include:
- Leverage social media: Promote your videos across all your social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Ask your existing followers to subscribe.
- Collaborate with others: Work with other YouTubers in your niche for shoutout videos, collaborations and cross-promotion opportunities.
- Participate in forums/groups: Share your videos in relevant forums, subreddits, Facebook groups and other communities to reach your target audience.
- Run video ads: Consider investing in YouTube video ads or influencer sponsorships to get new viewers. Even a small budget goes a long way.
- Publish on multiple platforms: Upload your videos across various platforms like TikTok, Facebook, DailyMotion, Vimeo, etc. to maximize exposure.
- Encourage engagement: Ask viewers to like, comment, share and subscribe during your videos and in descriptions/end cards. This helps the algorithm.
Promoting your content both on and off YouTube will help you hit the 1,000 subscriber mark faster.
Step 4: Analyze Your YouTube Analytics
As your channel grows, continually analyze your YouTube Analytics data to identify opportunities for improvement. Look at:
- Traffic sources: See where your views are coming from and focus more on those areas.
- Audience retention: Check when viewers drop off and optimize your content accordingly.
- Top videos: Make more content similar to your most popular videos.
- Demographics: Tailor your content towards the age groups and genders viewing most.
- Search terms: See which keywords viewers are searching for to target new videos.
Let the data guide your strategy. Give viewers more of what performs best.
Step 5: Apply for YouTube Monetization
Once you meet the threshold of 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours over 12 months, you can apply to monetize your YouTube channel.
- Go to your YouTube Studio.
- Click on “Monetization” in the left menu.
- Click “Apply” and follow the steps to link an AdSense account.
- Agree to the YouTube monetization terms.
- Submit your application.
YouTube will review your channel to make sure it adheres to all monetization policies. This process can take a few weeks. But once approved, you can begin earning revenue on your channel through ads, memberships, Super Chat and merchandise.
Step 6: Optimize Revenue With YouTube Best Practices
Once monetized, focus on maximizing your revenue by following YouTube’s recommendations:
- Upload 3-5 videos per week consistently. YouTube favors regular posting over infrequent, inconsistent videos.
- Keep viewers watching with optimized content. Great titles, custom thumbnails and engaging content result in higher viewer retention, which YouTube rewards.
- Run Channel Memberships. Let fans pay a monthly fee for special perks like badges, emotes and exclusive content.
- Use Super Chat. This lets viewers pay to pin live chat messages during streams and premieres.
- Link a merch shelf below videos. Use platforms like Teespring to sell shirts and other merch to loyal viewers.
- Promote YouTube Premium. Get a revenue share when subscribers join Premium after watching your content.
By combining multiple revenue streams and best practices, you can maximize your YouTube channel earnings over time.
Step 7: Diversify Your Income With Affiliate Links and Sponsors
Beyond YouTube ad revenue, you can diversify by leveraging your audience.
- Add affiliate links in video descriptions. Recommend helpful products related to your niche and earn commissions on sales.
- Promote sponsors in dedicated videos. Brand sponsorships are very lucrative. Pitch ones aligning with your audience.
- Get behind-the-scenes with Patreon. Let fans pay monthly for exclusive content and site access.
- Sell digital products. Create online courses, ebooks, merch and more for fans to purchase.
Use your influence to generate multiple income streams outside of ad revenue alone. But follow FTC disclosure guidelines.
Getting your YouTube channel monetized allows you to start earning revenue from your content. By meeting the eligibility requirements, optimizing your channel, and actively promoting, you can get approved for monetization faster. Once enabled, focus on creating engaging content consistently, utilizing multiple revenue streams, and leveraging your audience to maximize your income. With the right strategy, YouTube monetization can become a steady source of passive earnings from your passion.